Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Marine Corps Ball! Baby's Room and Doc appointment!

Here is just an update of what our lives have consisted of these past few weeks!

The Marine Corps Ball! Where to start. Well I had bought my dress about a month before the dance. So I was set in that department. The Day of the dance I get off work early because I was going to do my hair and nails myself I didn't see spending the extra money for one night (the beauty of pregnancy you don't need fake nails). Well I think that I sat on our bathroom sink for like 3 hours messing with my hair nothing I did was making me happy. I ended up cutting about 2 inches or so off of my hair while I was trying to figure out what to do. (I needed a hair cut anyway) well finally I just went with my hair down nothing special. Since I had spent that much time on my hair on our way out of the door I realized that I had not painted my toes, which any other day no big deal, I grab the polish and attempted to paint my toes...big problem I couldn't reach them. So of course I look at Dave and ask for some help but since he was in uniform already he couldn't help either so I had to do some great bending I felt like a circus performer trying to paint my nails. Well after that was done we were on out way. We got to the Gaylord Hotel in the National Harbor,parked the car in the parking garage and started to walk, after about 15 steps my right shoe brakes. We walk back to the car and try to find something to rig my shoe up. Dave finds some chevrons (ranks), and proceeds to push the pins through the strap and sole of the shoe I put it back on and we are good to go. We make it all the way to the elevators, as Dave is opening the door I look at him and say "my other shoe just broke" (by the way calm as can be, Dave actually said he wished he would have gotten a little more emotion out of me) Well Dave walks back to the car and finds one of his Rifle medals, takes that apart and comes back with a bar and does the same to my other shoe. We go down the elevator and start walking towards the doors one of my shoes pop again we fix it and at this point I was just praying that i would make it inside. That was all of the drama for that night. We had a great time with some good people, we ate our food and when the music started Dave looked at me and that was my sign to say bye and head home!





The girls 2 of us are Preggo the one in the blue is a week behind me


Also I had my first baby shower Tuesday of last week. It was at much church and it turned out to be such a great time! There were like 20 people there and it really made me feel loved. I had always been on the other side, when I was little I would go with my mother to the showers and I would be the one that would give the gifts to the bride or mommy to-be. This time I was in that special chair with other little girls that came with their mothers handing ME the presents. It was so sweet! It def made me think..."wow I'm all grown up". While I was having a blast at the shower Dave was with the men of the church at IHop enjoying some pancakes and a good round table discussion i do believe it was " How to be a good baby daddy, while keeping baby momma happy". I thought it was great, Dave was a little out of his element but still had some fun!

After the shower the next day was Veterans day so of course I had to take all the new stuff out and wash and put away and decorate a little. So I did just that. Dave and I woke up went to IHop for breakfast (i was craving it after hearing that's where he went) then we went shopping. We hit up Lowe's for some Christmas decorations for the new house, then we went to Babies R us to get somethings that were still needed. And headed home. We then cleaned the house to bring in the new stuff and set up some of the baby stuff. That night I was in so much pain I was in tears. My back hurt so bad. I was out for two days Thursday and Friday i spent in bed but Friday when i thought i was feeling better boy i was wrong. I started getting Braxton Hicks contractions and those were no fun. My tummy would get as hard as a rock, but they passed. Sunday I did it to my self again and started decorating for Christmas, and decorating the baby's room while Dave was doing some homework. The house looks great but my back was killing me again. I think I have a problem with pacing myself when I feel up to it, I just go!!

Well besides all of that, I had a Doctors appointment this past Tuesday. Dave was finally able to make it to one it's been a while. I had to take the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I had to drink this stuff that tasted like a really strong sprite, which was a lot better then thought and was told that it would be, and sit for an hour. But during all that I saw the doctor. I have gained 2 pounds these past 3 1/2 weeks which I thought was a little low but she thought it was perfect she also told me that I had only gained 16 lbs total i thought it was like 21 lbs but they count from the first appointment so it made me feel better :) she said I am right on track and couldn't be happier. We were also told that he was in the head down position which was funny because since about 4 months he has been transverse and comfy so he never moved and i was getting worried that he would not turn. But the last few days he had been more active then normal and i guess flipped himself around. Needless to say I'm happy!

I am attaching some pictures of the Baby's room still not finished waiting on the Name to go over the crib some clouds in the sky and our glider Enjoy!!


Some cute Wall art!




Still waiting for Dave to hang the cubby holes over the changing table!




Still missing his name above the crib







Cute Blanket that my mother made!















No comments:

Post a Comment